Team Leader, Occupational Therapist | Youthrive, Everton HillsMake a Referral
Katherine is a certified occupational therapist and a practicing member of Australia Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA). She is particularly interested in paediatrics and child development.
Katherine has a special interest in working with children with developmental delays, motor skills challenges, sensory and emotional regulation, play skills and self-care, such as feeding and toileting. She also has experience working with children who experience chronic pain and procedural preparation.
“I am passionate about building strong connections and relationships with children and their families to gain an in-depth understanding of their strengths and challenges to help support their development and achieve their goals. It is very rewarding as a therapist seeing children and their families thrive, develop skills and confidence and supporting them on their journeys.”
- Bsc Hons Occupational Therapy
Completed training courses:
- Developing pretend play skills in children
- Making sense of the senses
- DCD/Dyspraxia and the role of Occupational Therapy
- Reflex integration
- Managing pain over the lifespan
- Pondering the wees and Poos
- Bright but struggling: twice exceptional
- The Action is in the interaction: DIR/Floortime