Just like a normal therapy session, only virtual!
At Youthrive, we are embracing technology and delivering our services at a distance by using telehealth to connect our therapists to children and their families. We are currently accepting referrals across all five Youthrive clinics in Robina, Helensvale, Springfield, Everton Hills and North Lakes.
Telehealth is a convenient and effective way for Youthrive therapists to provide therapy and support services to children and families who may not be able to attend clinic-based or face-to-face appointments. Telehealth services can include tele-sessions (live video) and phone calls, and services can be accessed using a smartphone, iPad/tablet or laptop and an internet connection.
How does telehealth work?
Your Youthrive clinician or Administration will send you an invite to their ‘virtual therapy room’ via a link through text or email. Click the link at your session time and you will be able to partake in a video session with your clinician without having to come into the clinic.
What will I need?
- A computer, laptop, iPad/tablet or smart phone with a microphone and speakers and an internet connection.
- A flat surface to place your device while you are having your session. Make sure you are able to see the screen and can be seen by your clinician on camera.
- A quiet, private and appropriate space with adequate lighting to video call your clinician. You or your child might like to use headphones for additional privacy or to assist with hearing your clinician.
- Any additional materials, resources or equipment provided by your clinician for the session.
Handy tips for telehealth services
Telehealth sessions are just like a normal therapy or support session, but virtual. So even though you might be in your home, it is important to:
- Let your clinician know if you are unable to make the session.
- Check to ensure the sound and camera on your device are working appropriately
- Wear clothes you would normally wear to appointments at the clinic
- Consider what can be seen in the background by your clinician while you are having sessions.
- You will be actively involved in the session – your child may need support from you to keep them engaged
How do I make a referral?
During this difficult time, Youthrive is dedicated to providing families with continued support. To make a referral today, please contact your nearest Youthrive clinic.
Whilst we are not typically a bulk-billing clinic – we are accepting Medicare referrals for telehealth and telephone services for:
- Mental Health
- Chronic Disease Management
- Autism Management
For more information about telehealth services available through Medicare, click here.