At Youthrive we are passionate about helping children and young people thrive!
Our unique and integrated therapy model means our speech pathologists, occupational therapists and psychologists work together to provide children and young people a cohesive, wrap-around service, that addresses and supports cognitive, behavioural and emotional difficulties being faced.
As a social enterprise aligned to Act for Kids, our services at Youthrive generate income to fund the delivery of free therapeutic and support programs to prevent and treat child abuse and neglect in Australia.
About the role…
We are looking for a dedicated Speech Pathologist to join either our Everton Hills or North Lakes Clinic. The role is permanent and available as either full-time or part-time.
- Deliver appropriate individualised therapy services to develop communication and swallowing skills.
- Conduct assessments (e.g. articulation and phonology, literacy, language, pragmatics) analyse results and report on findings for children and young people aged 0 – 18 years.
- Demonstrate evidence based practice in the delivery of quality individual and group therapy programs for clients and families.
- Working with the young person and their family continually refine goals and modify intervention to meet the needs of the individual.
- Review therapeutic progress to determine the effectiveness of the intervention and measure outcomes.
- Achieve billable key performance indicators relevant to discipline and role.
- Document client records including case-notes, correspondence, service agreements and reports.
- Tertiary qualifications in speech pathology.
- Membership with Speech Pathology Australia and hold Certified Practising Speech Pathology (CPSP) status.
- Immediate eligibility as a Medicare provider.
- A current driver’s license, Working with Children Check/Blue Card and Yellow Card or exemption
- Minimum two years’ experience working with children and young people with complex needs, including autism spectrum disorder, developmental delays and disability.
- Experience providing assessment and therapy to children and young people.
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in telehealth desirable
About our remuneration and benefits…
- This position is classified level 2 under the Health Practitioner Support Services Award.
- Above award salary range is between $83,561 – $91,439 pa plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time)
- Individual bonus structure – opportunity to increase your take home pay.
- In addition, there are excellent salary packaging options through Remserv.
- Excellent opportunity for professional development.
- Inclusive and supportive supervision and mentoring.
- Commitment to employee health wellbeing through with our Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Flexible working hours and remote telehealth options available.
- Fantastic, friendly, positive team based culture!
Click on ‘Apply for this job’ to submit an application or for more information about the role, contact Katherine Coates (Team Leader) on 3558 6750.
Applications will be reviewed as submitted.
Youthrive is GROWING! 2021 is going to be a big year for Youthrive as we continue to help children to Thrive! If you would like to learn more about what we have planned for 2021, apply now or get in touch!