At Youthrive we are passionate about helping children and young people thrive!
Our unique and integrated therapy model means our speech pathologists, occupational therapists and psychologists work together to provide children and young people a cohesive, wrap-around service, that addresses and supports cognitive, behavioural and emotional difficulties being faced.
What else makes Youthrive unique? As a social enterprise aligned to Act for Kids, the services we provide at Youthrive help generate income that funds the delivery of free therapy and support services to children and families who have experienced, or are at risk of child abuse and neglect in Australia. Our work makes a difference!
About the role…
Due to a high demand for our services, we are looking for passionate and experienced Clinical Psychologists / Psychologists to join our team based in Springfield.
This role may be offered at either permanent, full-time or part-time.
- Deliver appropriate individualised psychological therapy services to positively impact behaviour, mental wellbeing and development.
- Conduct assessments (e.g. academic, cognitive, autism), analyze results and report on findings.
- Demonstrate evidence based practice in the delivery of quality individual and group therapy programs for clients and families.
- Working with the young person and their family continually refine goals and modify intervention to meet the needs of the individual.
- Review therapeutic progress to determine the effectiveness of the intervention and measure outcomes.
- Achieve billable key performance indicators relevant to discipline and role.
- Document client records including case-notes, correspondence, service agreements and reports.
- Tertiary qualifications in psychology
- Must hold full registration as a psychologist with AHPRA
- Immediate eligibility as a Medicare provider.
- At least two years’ experience working with children and young people with complex needs, including autism spectrum disorder, developmental delays and disability.
- Experience providing psychological assessment and therapy to children and young people.
- Experience providing services via telehealth is desirable
- Well-developed communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Experience administering the Autism Diagnostic Observation Scale – Second Edition (ADOS-2) will be highly regarded.
About our remuneration and benefits…
- This position is classified Level 2 under the Health Practitioner Support Services Award.
- Above award salary range between $83,561 – $91,439 pa plus 9.5% superannuation (pro-rata for part-time)
- Individual bonus structure – opportunity to increase your take home pay.
- In addition, there are excellent salary packaging options through Remserv.
- Excellent opportunity for professional development.
- Inclusive and supportive supervision and mentoring.
- Commitment to employee health wellbeing through with our Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Flexible working hours and remote telehealth options available.
- Fantastic, friendly, positive team based culture!
Click on ‘Apply for this job’ to submit an application or for more information about the role, contact Portia Gunn (Team Leader) on 3054 1130.
Applications will be reviewed as submitted
Youthrive is GROWING! 2021 is going to be a big year for Youthrive as we continue to help children to Thrive! If you would like to learn more about what we have planned for 2021, apply now or get in touch!